Wednesday, July 15, 2009

To Food or Not To Food

I thought "I should post something on this here Team Blog."

Then it took me like five minutes to figure out how. This is so pathetic of me!

Ignoring that, tonight I am making a tomato ricotta tart. I will let everyone know just how it comes out. I've made it before and saved the recipe, so even though I have no memory of how it tastes I can only assume it must've been pretty good. I will say, I love ricotta cheese. Whole milk or skim milk, doesn't matter, there's just something in the texture that makes me want to sit down and eat it from the container. Preferably with honey or something on it. It's like eating a very-slightly-sweetened dessert. I almost never buy it, except for recipes, but perhaps I should start...

I would promise a picture or something of my tart, but funny thing about that. I stubbornly refuse to do anything that requires any off-site registrations, so I won't have a place to put any photos that I take... therefore it ain't gonna happen. Make up a picture in your head! (Mine is of a camel!)

4 comments:

SueWho said...

I love ricotta cheese too and you are right, it's partly the texture. Pity the poor vegans that can't have any. Although I guess you could make a vegan version but it wouldn't have that same texture I don't think, or would it? Enlighten me, someone, please! Good luck with your tart (or did you write this before you found there was still oven cleaner in your oven thus rendering your oven unusable tonight?).

EmLit said...

That sounds delicious! Could you post the recipe (or link to it, if it's online?)

Ricotta cheese is pretty delicious, especially with honey. Add some walnuts or almonds and put it on (toaster) waffles. That's a yummy breakfast.

SueWho said...

oooh, sounds good on toaster waffles. I think I'll give that a try!

Binx said...

You can just upload pictures onto blogger. I'm not registered on an outside site, either!