Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Power Outages Conspire Against Me

I totally had made this gigantic post yesterday and was nearly ready to post it when our power just went out. Like THAT! Imagine me snapping my fingers. (It's fun and interactive.)

Anyway it wasn't really about all that much, just a kickass lasagna I made for dinner on Sunday night. Proof of its kickassness was that Dorothy ate it both Sunday and Monday night without needing to be prodded! Usually she loses interest in a lot of the foods we serve her, but even though she was hesitant with this one (the ricotta had a lot of spinach mixed into it), once we persuaded her to take a bite she was like "Gimme that fork! Omnomnom".

It's a recipe from Everyday Food magazine (naturally) and the nice part is that I made a second one which is sitting in the freezer, waiting to be needed. ^_^

I guess I'll just talk about the rest of the week's food plans...

Last night was a good bulgur salad. Supposed to have pine nuts in it, but Whole Foods was out of them in the bulk section (WHAT?!?! Charlotte I'm looking at you) so even though Dorothy wasn't going to have any I figured I'd just skip it. It was good but lemony! and a little sparse for my appetite. Tonight I'm making chicken and macaroni salad... we'll see how that goes.

I don't know how much cooking I'm going to do after tonight. I can probably manage something on the weekends but generally I'd just like to collapse and have someone provide me with food from here on out. By rights I should be allowed takeout every night, if you ask me. Well, no one did! :)

5 comments:

SueWho said...

how about if I cook something for you this weekend that you can maybe get a couple of nights' worth of meals from? Your lasagna sounds good!

SueWho said...

I just read your draft of "foodie and baby" that you never posted, and it was funny! Why didn't you post that one?

zebeckras said...

I can't find it! That's the one that I was writing when there was a power outage, and when I went back expecting it to be saved there I couldn't find it. So I was not nearly as funny or detailed in my replacement post (ie - this one). ;)

SueWho said...

If you click on "edit posts," you will see it. It's there now!

EmLit said...

Do you have a link to your bulgur salad? I don't think I've ever really cooked with bulgur so I'd love to try doing it...I have had it before and I like it!