Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Soup is good for the Soul


I am over one month into my New Year's resolution to prepare and serve at least one meatless meal per week and so far, so good. For the most part, I have been serving up meals that I have already posted about in previous blogs. As a result, I didn't feel the need to re-post about these meals. Last week, I made Curried Red Lentil Soup. I got this recipe from the Eating Well website. This recipe was easy to prepare and the soup was delicious and really flavorful. Even the old man raved about it. Sorry I don't have a picture of it - by the time I remembered to take the picture, we were in the process of finishing it up. We actually consumed the whole soup this time - I didn't have to throw anything out due to lack of interest. Give it a try. It definitely helps to spoon a dollop of yogurt (non-dairy works too) on the top of the soup before serving.
I'm not too sure what this week's meatless meal will be, but I might do something with polenta again. I prepared polenta with black beans and tomatoes last week and my husband really liked it. So I need to come up with something new. Stay tuned!

No comments: